A Class Locomotive A23R
in CIE Black & Tan Livery, as Rebuilt
Staff snatchers; no CAWS; original windscreens
- Highly detailed OO scale model
- Heavy Die-Cast metal chassis
- Separately applied steel detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers and more
- Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket
- Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
- Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
- Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 130 km/h
- DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
- Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound
- Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including:
- Directional lighting, DC and DCC
- Marker lights can be turned off when train is coupled to loco
- high beam headlight function
- separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console
- Engine bay lighting
- RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to 21mm gauge
- Rotating axlebox hubs (with alternate axlebox covers for earlier versions)
- Fully sprung metal buffers
- Extra fine factory-fitted pipework
- Extra fine factory-fitted plastic and etched steel detail parts
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
- Length over Buffers 203mm
Stunning model, great weight to it. Level of detail is amazing, and a lovely runner too.
Very nice addition to the ever growing stable.
Superb model, excellent detail and a fair price
Beautiful model. Very easy to fit ESU sound chip. Silky smooth runner with crisp clear sound. I’m delighted with it !!
I'm am totally delighted with the 4 A class loco's I purchased from you. I have not ran them yet as I don't have any track yet. The detail and finish is excellent. I'm have to commend you for your service and keeping the customer informed, especially with all the spam emails going around. I look forward to purchasing your future projects. Thank you for comment you have given. You's have made me and many others very happy.
Spectacular. Even the box is top class
Not an Irish Railway modeller, but had to have one of these as representative of a special class of locomotive. So good I purchased A1 as well. Now to add sound which looks to be as easy as one could hope for with the removable roof panel.
Again great model love the black and tan livery.
Running great. Very happy with purchase.
Model trains can be addictive and IRM can supply an A class drug that is entirely legal in the shape of the iconic A class locomotive!.
My locomotive was delivered safely in good order,well packed and with all fitted detail in good order,This is state of the art.Excellent performance ,well specified and some very thoughtful design.Check out the easy to access DCC socket ,Other manufacturers could learn a few lessons.It doesnt get any better than this.I am sky high with delight.Happy to recommend,Congratulations to all in IRM
With the exception of the cab lighting (which I re wired, also changed the shunting lights) this is a simply superb model, highly recommended. Now bring on the C Class 😊
Stunning detail. Great value